J
Promeneur

Promeneur

• 

22  messages

lundi 12 juin 2023 13:12

Roaming issues when crossing the border

Sempre que passo a fronteira da Bélgica com a Holanda eu fico sem rede. Com o telefone esta tudo bem.

Officiel VOO

• 

4.8K  messages

il y a 11 mois

Bonjour/Hello @Jaeder,

Nous répondons exclusivement en français, anglais, néerlandais ou allemand, n'hésitez pas à choisir une de ces langues.

Je vous invite à vérifier, lorsque vous passez la frontière, si dans l'application de votre carte SIM (SimToolKit, ou directement dans les paramètres de la carte SIM) si la région passe en "Global" au lieu de "Regional". Parfois, un redémarrage du téléphone peut suffire.

*******************************************************************************************

We only answer in French, English, Dutch or German, I'd suggest you answer in one of those languages.

When you cross the border, check your SIM card application (SimToolKit, or directly in the SIM card settings) to see if the region is set to "Global" instead of "Regional". Sometimes, restarting your phone may suffice.

(Modifié)

Promeneur

• 

22  messages

il y a 11 mois

bon après-midi. mon téléphone chaque fois que je traverse la frontière vers les pays-bas, il s'éteint. J'ai déjà mis en place un roman international. et ça a commencé à ressembler à ça il y a environ 10 jours

Officiel VOO

• 

4.8K  messages

il y a 11 mois

Que voulez-vous dire par "roman international" ? Avez-vous fait la vérification de la région dans l'application de la carte SIM (SimToolKit) ou les paramètres de la carte SIM ?

Top Expert

• 

41.5K  messages

il y a 11 mois

@Antoine L 

Il n’est pas le seul à avoir des soucis de roaming en passant les frontières… perso j’ai aussi ce type de soucis étant frontalier avec la Hollande …

mais ce qui m’énerve c’est cette histoire de simtoolkit qu’il faut chipoter à chaque fois Cela n’existe pas avec mon phone chez Orange par exemple, tout se passe de manière transparente en roaming, aucune manipulation n’est nécessaire sur iPhone , j’en déduis donc que c’est à cause de vos SIM ou de votre système de tête de réseau VOOmobile qui est pas au point …

ça fait longtemps que c’est ainsi depuis que vous êtes full MVNO. 

idem le problème avec iMessages sur iPhone , que ça « déconnecte » aussi régulièrement.

Bref toujours des bugs jamais résolus et mon mobile voo ne fonctionne pas correctement par rapport à d’autres opérateurs et donc je ne l’utilise pratiquement pas ou plus, je le garde juste pour avoir BETV offert sinon ben aucun intérêt à garder cette SIM … 🙄

(Modifié)

Promeneur

• 

3  messages

il y a 11 mois

Hello,

as I'm working in in the Netherlands, I'm crossing the border every day on the E25 highway direction Maastricht passing Visé.

The biggest issue is on the way back. After having crossed the border into Belgium the phone looses connectivity with the Dutch operator (which is normal), but then it takes ages until the connection with VOO is established. 

Even when passing Herstal, the connection is still missing. Sometimes when I'm lucky, my phone connects to the VOO signal when passing the exit "Hauts-Sarts" on the E40 direction Bruxelles. On less lucky days (usually after having passed the exit "Rocourt"), I have to restart the phone to force it connecting to the VOO signal.

I have a 6 months old Nokia XR20 running Android 13 on build 00WW_3_340_SP01, but as other people do have similar issues, I can exclude the phone from being the problem. 

Q1: now that VOO has been absorbed by Orange, how much time will it take for VOO SIM cards to connect seaminglessly to the Orange signal/antennas?

Q2: my SIM card is already several years old. Is there a chance that new generation SIM cards will solve this problem?

Thanks for your help!

Officiel VOO

• 

1.1K  messages

il y a 11 mois

Hello @Desmorider,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
I see that you have two telephone numbers with us.

Which one do you have the problem with?
Could you mention it like this ***123 so that I know which number we are talking about.

As far as the change to Orange is concerned, we don't have an official date at the moment. 
You can find information here 

Top Expert

• 

41.5K  messages

il y a 11 mois

Hello

In any case, switching to orange antennas does not solve the problem at border crossings which is a sim voo concern and VOOmobile network core. 

I’m from this area near Visé so I know this problem…

no worries with my other mobile and ESIM at Orange directly. 

Promeneur

• 

3  messages

il y a 11 mois

@Jessica G

the number I'm having the issue with is  ***095

Thanks a lot for looking into the issue! 

Officiel VOO

• 

1K  messages

il y a 11 mois

Hello @Desmorider,

I don't see any particular problem or blockage at our level. As @roylion15 said, some smartphones may need a reboot to hook the network at border crossings.

The best thing would be to restart your mobile phone as soon as you've crossed the border, without waiting until you're in Herstal or further away.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. With the new collaboration with Orange, if any changes are planned concerning the technical specifics of our subscriptions, we will of course make a communication 😊

Promeneur

• 

3  messages

il y a 11 mois

Hello again and thank you all for trying to help.

I did a little more digging into the issue and found a publicly available website (updated every month), that allows to view all stationary transmitting antennas. 

If I zoom into the area of the A25 highway from the Netherlands border into Belgium, this website lists several antennas along the highway that potentially can be picked up by a mobile phone. 

It turns out the first eligible antenna my VOO SIM card can connect to is the TELENET antenna in Herstal - see attachment. Of course there might be other suitable antennas in the area, but probably further away from the highway which a driving car is likely not able to pick-up. This would also explain why @roylion15 has no issues with his/her other mobile and ESIM at ORANGE.

Please forgive me. It is not my intention to challenge you or put you on the spot, but it is imperative for me to receive/make phone calls when driving back home. I have children taking the one or other public transportation and I need to know when and where to pick them up. 

As far as I'm concerned, I'm not a supporter of dual SIM or carrying multiple phones. I'm just hoping on a speedy integration of VOO members into the Orange telephony infrastructure in order to benefit from the more extensive signal coverage.

Officiel VOO

• 

1K  messages

il y a 11 mois

@Desmorider Thanks for all the precision.

As you said, a driving car is not the best place to pick-up quickly an antenna, especially if you're leaving another country's network.

If the problem only arises in this scenario (when you're on the freeway in motion), there's currently no quick fix, unfortunately 😥

Promeneur

• 

22  messages

il y a 10 mois

bonne nuit. J'ai 2 numéros de téléphone et 1 des numéros ne fonctionne plus depuis 3 semaines, que dois-je faire ? c'est arrivé après que j'ai quitté la Belgique et que je sois revenu.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Problème de connexion au réseau depuis retour en Belgique

Top Expert

• 

41.5K  messages

Hello

dépend de l’appareil, vérifiez que le choix opérateur est en mode automatique , ensuite vérifiez la boîte à outils SIM ou app SIM toolkit , que la carte SIM voo / paramètre « région » soit mis en mode « régional » en Belgique , a l’étranger la région doit être sûr mis sur « global » . 
pour la 4G , le paramètre APN qui doit être indiqué est :  internet.voo.be 

La charte | Le Forum VOO

PACK « TRIO GIGA MAX » | modem CGA4233 Mode Bridge | Routeur ASUS GT-AXE16000 + GT-AX11000 AiMesh. 

Pas de support technique via la messagerie privée sans invitation SVP !

Promeneur

• 

22  messages

mon numéro n'a pas de réseau !  J'ai 2 numéros qui lui sont associés, cela fait 20 jours qu'il a perdu son réseau et il ne revient pas !  Je paie pour un service que je n'utilise pas.  j'ai besoin d'une solution

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Telemóvel

Top Expert

• 

41.5K  messages

Bonjour ?  @Jaeder 

merci de prendre connaissance de la charte du forum svp et donc :

1) commencer par dire bonjour pour toute demande. 

2) ne pas créer plusieurs demandes pour le même souci ! 

votre demande a été fusionnée avec la précédente. 
https://forum.voo.be/page/la-charte
Bonne soirée. 

La charte | Le Forum VOO

PACK « TRIO GIGA MAX » | modem CGA4233 Mode Bridge | Routeur ASUS GT-AXE16000 + GT-AX11000 AiMesh. 

Pas de support technique via la messagerie privée sans invitation SVP !

Poser une question

Poser une question

Conversations populaires