S
Promeneur

Promeneur

• 

10  messages

vendredi 14 août 2020 11:47

Two modem in one flat

Hello,

I have one coax incoming cable in my flat. This is in the middle of the flat. There is  a splitter to divide it into two connection, so the two coax calbes  routed in the wall to two opposite corners of the flat. The VOO Modem/router installed one of this connection. See please attached sketch.

The result is, that  the other end of the flat doesn't have wifi, and impossible to reach by ehternet cable. 

So possible to install second router? If yes,  which type and how should ask it from VOO. if no, is there otehr solution?

/ to put the exisiting VOO modem in the middle of the flat don't quarantie the good wifi cover, and also need to route a lot of ethernet cables through the newly build  appartment. /

Many thanks

Rob

Solution officielle

Top Expert

• 

41.4K  messages

il y a 4 ans

Hello

Not possible , two modems at the same physic adress or same customer ...

You can install multiple access points at your own expense to extend the wifi.

(Modifié)

Promeneur

• 

10  messages

@roylion15Hi roylion15,

Many thanks for your answer.  

So you suggest, that:

- I need to route one  ethernet cable from the existing  VOO router to the other side of the apartment, and connect   a second router  like " salves"  / which type do your recommend? / So  using this new  router's wifi at this part of the apartment ,  I can  connect  any mobile devices, and using its ethernet connections also connect with cable like desk computer.

What is the max distance , I could route ethernet cable from the first "master " VOO router to the sencod " slave "  router? 

Top Expert

• 

21.1K  messages

il y a 4 ans

Hi, i am not sure to understand what you want.

You need two connexion for two different people with separate contract ?

I am afraid that is not possible, one incoming cable is always ( i think) only one modem and only one contract.

Promeneur

• 

10  messages

Hi, March

many thanks for your quick answer.

So we have one contract, and one router from VOO. But as you could see on our apartment layout, this router connected to one of the end of the coax cable. This connection is at the  one end of the apartment.. So the other end of the apartment  is out of this wifi range ,to reach it on cable  - ethernet -  need  25 m  routed this cable through the whole flat. 

So what other technical solution exist to reach this "no-internet"  part of the apartment? 

Promeneur

• 

10  messages

il y a 4 ans

Please see attached

Top Expert

• 

41.4K  messages

Non-compliant ! 

La charte | Le Forum VOO

PACK « TRIO GIGA MAX » | modem CGA4233 Mode Bridge | Routeur ASUS GT-AXE16000 + GT-AX11000 AiMesh. 

Pas de support technique via la messagerie privée sans invitation SVP !

Promeneur

• 

10  messages

Hello, 

so one possible solution to use power line system. Seems to be this is a good solution. 

Please could you help:   the modem/router from VOO, divide the 400 Mb/s internet channel into 300 Mb/s LAN and 100 Mb/s Wifi.  Possible to change that, or this is standard. 

Rgds,

Rob

Top Expert

• 

41.4K  messages

1) CPL is possible, 

2) Not possible, bandwidth management does not exist on voo modems 

La charte | Le Forum VOO

PACK « TRIO GIGA MAX » | modem CGA4233 Mode Bridge | Routeur ASUS GT-AXE16000 + GT-AX11000 AiMesh. 

Pas de support technique via la messagerie privée sans invitation SVP !

Promeneur

• 

10  messages

il y a 4 ans

Hi, ok many  thanks for your help!

Other issue: I didn't find the WPS button on the VOO router.  This should be there  for pairing it to  the power line wifi  system. The back site nothing there only power on/off buttom.

Promeneur

• 

10  messages

Hi, nice! I didn't see it from my eyes...

Ok, many thanks! I think I know now what to do.   Thanks again for your help!

Have a nice day and week! 

Poser une question

Poser une question

Conversations populaires