A
Promeneur

Promeneur

• 

19  messages

lundi 7 août 2023 20:18

Gigamax - how many people actually achieve it ?

Hi, 

How many people actually get close to the advertised Gigamax speeds ? You see lots of complaints in the Forem but maybe the happy people never post :)

My contract says 1000/20 and the best I ever get is about 400/20

Channel162 OFDM is present and locked.

Technicolour modem in bridge mode to Deco mesh.

Stable connection - just not as fast as I expected and was sold :(

I see Forem posts from Voo that they have remotely checked modems and they are in mode "Giga", maybe mine isn't ? :(

Just curious really.

Pack Giga Max | Technicolor CGA4233VOO en mode bridge | TP-link DECO 6E mesh

Pas francophone, je m'excuse pour tous mes fautes d'orthographe et grammaire :(

Top Expert

• 

41.5K  messages

il y a 9 mois

Hello

Probably you need an update (manual) of the modem profile.
Generally, this happens automatically but sometimes you also have to wait for the first day of the following month. 🤔

Top Expert

• 

21.1K  messages

il y a 9 mois

Hi,

Are you sure that you are indeed on a gigamax subscription and not on the old max subscription ?

By the way, we have see sometime that the gigamax was not automaticaly updated, so if you are on gigamax, maybe you need that one official voo update you modem profile to the giga.

My gigamax speed is curently more than 800 and sometimes mode than 900.

Promeneur

• 

19  messages

il y a 9 mois

Thanks for the answers - yes definitely paying for Gigamax.

Maybe my modem does need a nudge from Voo. Maybe a kind Voo employee will read this and check tomorrow. 

Top Expert

• 

41.5K  messages

il y a 9 mois

Of course they will check this quickly... 
Don’t forget to enter your customer number in your forum profile

Promeneur

• 

6  messages

il y a 9 mois

Same here, still limited at 500mpbs, though it should be 1Gbps now.

So when they check, they can check mine at the same time ;).

Though also wondering why it still says 20 mbps, why didn't they increase it to 50 mbps at the same time? That would be more interesting then doubling the download. Any one know why they do it at the same time?

Top Expert

• 

21.1K  messages

il y a 9 mois

Hi @Niels 

why didn't they increase it to 50 mbps at the same time? That would be more interesting then doubling the download. Any one know why they do it at the same time?

Because they have to replace other components on the network over the entire loop.

The giga does not require this replacement. They therefore allow the giga even if the network is not yet completely modified.

Top Expert

• 

41.5K  messages

il y a 9 mois

The zones that offer 500/20 are not yet ready for the giga and therefore it is necessary to wait for the technical upgrade  of the zone and for the upload it requires more conditions including modification of the customers installations. 

Promeneur

• 

6  messages

il y a 9 mois

Thanks, if it's related to the network I can understand it partially. But why not do all the work at once, they already did an intervention toget to the giga. 
When it's customer installation, what should I think about? Switching a modem I can do it myself, and wondering if I shouldn't remove the extra device before the modem since I only have Internet. Not really a technician needed for that, right?

Top Expert

• 

41.5K  messages

il y a 9 mois

For most clients, the installation must be suitable for upload ( filter placement or amplifier replacement to increase the frequency range for download and upload Upgrade of docsis 3.0 > 3.1 technology. 
The client is not allowed to modify the installation itself and does not have the filters or the proper hardware, so we are not just talking about a modem swap

Officiel VOO

• 

1.4K  messages

il y a 9 mois

Hello @AndyC ,

I've just checked and your modem is on the correct profile, so the 1 Giga speed should be available. However, the signal isn't really good at home, so we're going to have to send you a technician. 
He can come during the week in the morning (8am to 1pm) or in the afternoon (1pm to 5pm). Make sure you're there, or the technician will charge you €50 for a missed appointment.
When will you be available?

Hello @Niels ,

In your case, a technician will have to come outside to update the filter. The necessary steps will be taken as soon as possible. 

Promeneur

• 

6  messages

il y a 9 mois

@Kevin P thanks for checking that. Though I'm a bit surprised that I didn't get the same feedback via X (formerly Twitter). But most important is that someone is passing by to fix it. 

Though just to add my two extra cents:

- Installation on street side is less then 2 years old.

- They where at the neighbors two weeks ago.

- And last but not least, shouldn't it be possible to proactively monitor this and fix it without a customer contacting you?

Is it possible to be informed when they come to make sure I won't be on homeworking?

(Modifié)

Top Expert

• 

41.5K  messages

il y a 9 mois

@Niels 

The docsis 3.1 technology did not exist 2 years ago at VOO, so your connection and probably the indoor installation could not be updated before since the equipment was not available for the technicians.
Just because they come to connect your neighbors doesn’t mean they’re going to change something on your connection.

Promeneur

• 

19  messages

il y a 9 mois

@Kevin P Thanks for checking. Voo technicians have already visited a couple of times. Last time was because of an unstable connection which was fixed somewhere in the local infrastructure. Do Voo have other clients nearby ? How strong are their signals? Can Voo determine if it is a problem in the neighbourhood rather than in my house - check the signal strength in the street perhaps ?

Officiel VOO

• 

1.2K  messages

il y a 9 mois

Good morning @AndyC,

Kevin already checked the signal in your street and no issue has been detected on our side. It would be better to let a technician check the signal directly in your house to establish a precise diagnostic.

Promeneur

• 

19  messages

il y a 9 mois

How about morning of Friday 18th  for a service visit ?

Poser une question

Poser une question

Conversations populaires