M
Promeneur

Promeneur

• 

20  messages

jeudi 8 septembre 2022 20:38

buy a mobile phone with a Data Option

I currently have 4 mobile subscriptions. In January a bought (for me personally) a mobile phone online by choosing to pay a Data Option for 24 months and paying a small down payment.

Now I would like to to the same for two other numbers (for my kids) but no matter what device I select, I am redirected to this URL (https://newabonnement.voo.be/fr/checkout-process/go-to/revamp-blocking-screen) and I get a "Changement d’offre. Il n’est pas encore possible d’effectuer cette opération en ligne. Pas de panique, nos agents pourront le faire pour vous. Contactez les au 078/505050 ou rendez-vous dans une de nos boutiques VOO." message.

I contacted Voo by mail 12 days ago but unfortunately I got no answer yet.

I then visited a Voo store and they could not tell me why I get this message. They just told me that they know "there is a limitation of 2 mobile phones per contract" but not why this is and why I cannot order the second. The best they could do is to help me if I buy the phone from their store.

Can someone help me with this issue? Why I cannot order online anymore? 

I must admit I am a bit concerned about the Orange - Voo deal, seems like doors have shut at Voo for customers after that moment. Should I worry and move to another service provider?

I appreciate any help.

Thank you!

Promeneur

• 

20  messages

il y a 2 ans

Yes, I understand french. And I am not naive also, actually that's the point, I just wanted to check prices first. I remember when I did this in January for my S21 that there were also more options. You can choose different Data Options and the initial down payment differs. The example above from @bulrog is definatelly a "no go", but for some of the options it is worth buying a phone from Voo. 

All I want is to be able to check them for myself. I appreciate the help from @Thibault but this would just be a workaround and I don't want to take decisions without having all the information first. I think best would be to have my account working properly.

Officiel VOO

• 

4.8K  messages

il y a 2 ans

Hello @miscalencu,

From the error message, the issue seems to come from the fact that you still have an old subscription plan (TRIO MAX), with old mobile subscriptions, instead of the new ones that came out a few weeks ago (TRIO GIGA MAX, and S, M or L mobile subscriptions).

Sadly, I can't be 100% sure about that, but the new subscription is better in every way.

Your ongoing subscription costs 115,99€ (options not included). With the new subscription, it would cost 107€ (options not included) for the same services. Your ongoing options will cost the same.

If you're fine with this change, I can modify your subscription for next month. Then you can try to add a smartphone and see if you still get the same error message.

Promeneur

• 

20  messages

il y a 2 ans

@Antoine L Thanks for looking into this.

Of course, I agree with the upgrade if:

• I keep the same services (same TV channels, Internet Speed and mobile benefits - minutes, data and sms-es)
  • I don't commit to anything new (like minimum subscription period, etc...)
  • this does not introduce any new limitations .
  • the final price is lower than what I pay now.

If all this is correct, you can go ahead and modify it starting with next month.

Hopefully I can order a new phone after that.

Officiel VOO

• 

4.8K  messages

il y a 2 ans

Hello @miscalencu,

I can confirm every statements from your message. We'll need to either make an appointment to change your modem or to send a new modem by mail. Both solutions are free.

Promeneur

• 

20  messages

il y a 2 ans

@Antoine L, why do I need to change the modem? Is it more performant?

If yes, mail is fine.

Thanks!

Top Expert

• 

21.1K  messages

il y a 2 ans

Hi,

why do I need to change the modem? Is it more performant?

Because, the giga max request the new modem CGA to support the new internet speed.

Officiel VOO

• 

4.8K  messages

il y a 2 ans

@miscalencu It is as Marcs said. You'll receive the modem in a few days. You'll only need to plug it the same way as the modem you have right now. You don't need to return your modem.

I'll suggest you try a new Data Option in a few days.

Promeneur

• 

20  messages

il y a 2 ans

@Antoine L I received and installed my new modem, everything works fine, thanks for your help!

I have a few additional questions and I would really appreciate your help further, so here they are:

1. A technical one: the old router had a "DHCP Reservation" feature by which you were able to assign a fixed IP address for a specific MAC address. I don't find this option anymore in the new router's interface, can you please confirm this is no longer available?

2. A moral one: I don't really want to keep the old router. I would like to return it somehow. Is it OK if I drop it at a Voo store? If not, where should I send it by post?

3. A sales one: I will check next month (after new pack is activated) for the phone prices with Data Options.

But in the meantime I noticed the offer below in MyVoo account. In the details it says: Cette action remplace toute promotion en cours dont vous bénéficiez. I am not sure in what way (or if) is this affecting my contract. If this is just about committing to 24 months of contract and paying just 99 euros I would go for it. Can you confirm this for me please?

Les conditions

• Les stocks sont limités.
  • Cette action implique une participation financière de 99€.
  • Cette action renouvelle votre contrat pour 24 mois.
  • Cette action remplace toute promotion en cours dont vous bénéficiez.

(Modifié)

Promeneur

• 

20  messages

il y a 2 ans

@roylion15 Thank you!

Officiel VOO

• 

4.8K  messages

il y a 2 ans

Hello @miscalencu,

Sorry, I didn't see that this offer was available for you. Since you have no ongoing promotion, the only difference with your ongoing contract is that you'll have to keep it for two years.

If, for example, you're planning to move somewhere where our subscriptions aren't available (abroad, in Flanders) soon, then I can't suggest this offer. But if you're planning to stay for at least two years where you live or where our subscriptions are available, then you can have a Samsung Galaxy A53 for 99€, or another device (Xiaomoi 11T, OPPO Reno 6, or a Philips 50" Smart TV (without Android TV)) with a big discount.

Citoyen d'honneur

• 

2.5K  messages

il y a 2 ans

@miscalencu J'ajouterai que, si vous prenez cette offre et que vous quittez VOO dans les 2 ans, vous devrez payer la valeur résiduelle du téléphone.  C'est (prix d'achat officiel -99€) / 24 X nombre de mois restants.

Promeneur

• 

20  messages

il y a 2 ans

@bulrog Thanks, but apparently I was too slow. I can't find the offer anymore... :(

Citoyen d'honneur

• 

2.5K  messages

il y a 2 ans

Ah….  Personnellement, je vois toujours l’offre. 

Promeneur

• 

1  message(s)

il y a 10 mois

Hi

Officiel VOO

• 

1K  messages

il y a 10 mois

Hi @Huntu,

How can I help you ?

Poser une question