Profil de Ole

6  messages

vendredi 1 décembre 2023 08:05

VOO mobile keep display as Proximus

I have since a few months had 2 VOO sim cards, they work resonable fine, but when I look in settings and mobile service, it says the number is Proximus…..and this causes all sorts of issues from unable to set up hotspot to having major problems when travelling and it can take hours before the data roaming and phone connects.

I suspect the number are “old” Procimus numbers that has kot properly been intuned at VOO…..it is also not able to display own number….

Anyone had this problem or knows how to fix this?

Top Expert

• 

21.1K  messages

il y a 5 mois

Hi,

Sometimes the voo mobile service work on a proximus antenna if the signal in not good on the normal antenna.

But with the sold of voo to orange, all the customers will be transfered to the orange antenna one day.

For the problem while travelling, you need to manualy change the setup of your sim card (in the simcardtool).

You need to change de region in "global" in place of "regional" and changfe back when you are back in belgium.

If not yet done, putt you customer number in your forum profile, so the voo officials will check at your problem.

6  messages

il y a 5 mois

Hi Marcs, 

Thanks, and I see I already have the customer number in…..

However, I think this is a different problem, when I go into mobile data etc., it fails to show my number, there is no cellular option, and on the top it keeps saying Proximus, not in the network selction, but in the actual settings….the network says VOO when i Belgium, but inside the setting mobile etc., it says Proximus….

it is as if the number orevious was with Proximus but now at VOO and not “intuned” to their system properly……

Top Expert

• 

41.6K  messages

il y a 5 mois

Hello

You need to change your APN configuration « access point name » to « internet.voo.be » when you are in Belgium . 
Also in the « access point name » for 4G internet connection sharing 

Then reboot the mobile device. 

(Modifié)

Officiel VOO

• 

1.2K  messages

il y a 5 mois

Hello @Ole,

Did you by any chance try the manipulation advised by @roylion15 ? It should solve your hotspot issue.

6  messages

il y a 5 mois

@Alexia L yes, but I am abroad at the moment….but i think this is something different entirely. I am in Malta right now, and nothing is working at all……but as mentioned, when I come to a different country and home to Belgium it takes hours to get connections and I do not think it has to do with the setup, I think it is at VOO that my number (and my wife’s) are “old” Proximus numbers that has not been registered correctly at VOO……probably need to go to a VOO store….

6  messages

il y a 5 mois

the bars is from a secondary line……@Alexia L it just seems odd it keeps reading Proximus, I never had anything from them, only VOO….

Officiel VOO

• 

1.2K  messages

il y a 5 mois

Hello @Ole,

This display error in itself should have no impact on your services.

Sometimes Proximus is displayed if you are abroad, as seemed to be the case.

When abroad, you can do the same thing as above, but write "http://spr.ly/61216RHQma" instead of "http://spr.ly/61217RHQmx".

Do you currently have a network? Are you in Belgium or abroad?

6  messages

il y a 5 mois

Hi @Alexia L I am in Belgium and have network, and it still says Proximus, when abroad I have so many difficulties getting connection, sometimes not at all……it should just work immediately, and not sure why I should change all sorts of settings, never had to do this with other carriers….think I need to go to a VOO store to get it fixed……also it seems like I am missing options to set up personal hotspot etc……

Top Expert

• 

41.6K  messages

il y a 5 mois

Hello

Always the same problems with voo SIM cards !🙄

If you are abroad , you need to use the sim toolkit on your phone > voo SIM card > region and change parameter « region » from regional to global . In Belgium this parameter must be set to regional.

the phone says Proximus because VOOmobile actually uses Proximus antennas (in your case) but will be moved to orange antennas in a near future. I’m already on Orange antennas…

(Modifié)

Poser une question

Poser une question

Conversations populaires