H

3  messages

mardi 21 novembre 2023 12:53

Terrible signal - not able to do Zoom calls

Hello,

I am a new customer, got my VOO modem installed last week. But oh the service is terrible. I work from home and need to do a lot of Zoom calls - but my calls keep freezing and break because of my bad connection. 

My laptop keeps sending the message "Your internet connection is unstable." 

I have a Technicolor CGA modem, and the top light (the one with a little phone sign below it) is red. Not flashing, but continuous red. Maybe this is the problem?

I'm sitting in the same room as the modem and I don't have any other devices that could interfere with the signal (no microwave, no baby monitor, no cordless phone, no nothing). 

Could you please help? I have so much to do and this situation is seriously disrupting my work :((

Savant

• 

2.2K  messages

il y a 10 mois

Hi @Hevesi ,

There are several points to investigate:

- is your laptop connected by wifi or by cable (best option) ?

- if you live in an apartment or have close neighbours, their wifi may interfere with yours. In that case, connect to your modem and try an other channel, 11 for instance.

- when you do a speed test with the app Ookla or nPerf, what's the result ? Could you post ?

- the red light simply indicates that there is no landline connected

Next step will be to check and report the modem signal strength

https://forum.voo.be/conversations/ma-connexion-internet/tuto-verifier-les-niveaux-du-modem/5e53d55a4cf00d702b5184bf

Officiel VOO

• 

4.2K  messages

il y a 10 mois

Hello @Hevesi,

Your line is stable and the readings sent by your modem are good.

The first thing to do is to restart your modem electrically, this allows to reposition the Wifi.

You should also ensure proper placement of the modem. It should be:

- In a vertical position (upright).

- Free to deploy the wifi, halfway between the floor and ceiling and not enclosed in furniture.

- Away from any source of interference (_REDACTED_)

Your modem being the latest generation, it is equipped with the "Bandsteering" technology.

This means that the 2.4Ghz (long range) and 5Ghz (short range) antennas have the same name and depending on the distance you are from the modem, you will be on either one or the other.

We will disable this technology and separate the 2 antennas.

I invite you to test both networks to see which one is more functional depending on where you are.

The password is the same.

Can you perform the test for 24 hours and get back to us?

3  messages

il y a 10 mois

Dear Gilles,

Thank you for your answer. And apologies for the slow reply but I've been travelling.

I restarted the modem several times but I can't see the two networks appearing separately, it's still only one. 

The Slack problem is still there though. Which is strange because streaming works perfectly. It's only Slack that freezes all the time, even if I switch my camera off. 

Our IT dept has checked my laptop and has done every update that was needed. They say they can't do more.

Can you please help?

Officiel VOO

• 

4.2K  messages

il y a 10 mois

Hello @Hevesi,

In fact, the 2 networks were split but they still had the same network name.

I have distinguished them so that you can identify them.

I invite you to try it and keep me informed.

3  messages

il y a 10 mois

Hello Gilles,

I can see the 5GHZ network now but not the 2.4GHZ one. 

And the problem is still there. My Zoom calls are constantly interrupted by the message: "Your internet connection is unstable." It only appears with Zoom, everything else seems to work perfectly. And it seems independent from whether I switch my camera on or try to reduce traffic by keeping it off.

(Modifié)

Officiel VOO

• 

4.2K  messages

il y a 10 mois

Hello @Hevesi,

Vous deviez le voir apparaitre maintenant.

Je reste disponible.

Officiel VOO

• 

4.2K  messages

il y a 10 mois

Hello @Hevesi,

You should see it now.

I remain available.

Poser une question

Poser une question

Conversations populaires