H

3  messages

samedi 13 juillet 2024 21:41

No wi-fi - Modem lights cycling - Frequent disconnections

Hello, 

In the past 7 days my wi-fi is frequently disconnecting, sometimes even in interval of minutes. 

The modem lights are cycling one by one. 
I wanted to attach directly the video, but I lost 30 minutes to try to upload an 1.5MB video file which couldn’t be uploaded because of your bad platform.

i will try to explain: 

there are 4/5 lights on and it’s shuffling one by one between them, top-down, each second. After some time it looks like it s rebooting itself and goes again like this, it s like a loop. The internet breaks few times until the reboot happens, then comes back and the cycle repeats. 

initially I thought it’s a software update, but seems that it’s broken. 

Also, I am upset because I tried to call you the whole week 

I did not tested if on rj45 to see if it works, since nobody is using cable at home anymore in 2024, so please don’t ask if on it works via cable 

I am hoping that somebody will answer here, not like on the phone 

Top Expert

• 

43.9K  messages

il y a 3 mois

Hello

There is no official voo presence here on the forum on Sundays. 
I suggest you first of all: 
1) post your modem’s signal levels on the forum, because it may be a signal issue ..

https://forum.voo.be/conversations/ma-connexion-internet/tuto-verifier-les-niveaux-du-modem/5e53d55a4cf00d702b5184bf

2) Perform a factory reset of the modem 

https://assistance.voo.be/fr/support/internet/probleme-technique/reinitialiser-le-modem-voo--reset----comment-faire.html

There is no update of voo modems at this time to my knowledge. I am an official beta tester. 

So to say that no one uses cable at home is probably wrong because all my fixed devices are wired at home, only my smartphones or tablets, laptops and some IoT use wifi. 

For sending videos on the forum, the size is limited to a few MB only and mp4 format only otherwise you have to go through other platforms like YouTube and share the link here …

Thanks . 

3  messages

il y a 3 mois

Thanks for the answer provided, but: 

1) it's not a signal issue. The modem is looping, as I told

2) i will reset it to see. Normally though, a troubleshooting should be done to see why this problem occured so it won't happen again in the future

3) It was clear that it's an exageration. However, the majority of home users are using mainly wi-fi.

4) "For sending videos on the forum, the size is limited to a few MB only and mp4 format only otherwise you have to go through other platforms like YouTube and share the link here" 

Ofc I tried this. As a note, 9.8MB is not allowed even though it's less than the 10MB limit. Then, 1.5MB was allowed, but was not uploading. Both of them being mp4 versions. 

Officiel VOO

• 

1.4K  messages

il y a 3 mois

Hello @Hakan,

I notice indeed a lot of modem restarts in recent days.

Have you already done the reset?

Is your modem properly connected to a single wall socket and not a power strip ?

Can you try another power outlet to see if the problem is the same?

3  messages

il y a 3 mois

Hello, reset didn't fix the problem, as expected. A technician came in an changed it and everything is ok now

Officiel VOO

• 

1.4K  messages

il y a 3 mois

Hello @Hakan,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad to know everything is OK.

We remain available if necessary.

Have a good day.

Poser une question

Poser une question

Conversations populaires