R
Promeneur

Promeneur

• 

15  messages

lundi 2 janvier 2023 13:13

Internet connection is much slower than package

Hi There - I the last month since the work in my area to install the new cabling to support gigaboost wrapped up it seem that my download speed has taken a bit of a dive.

My set up is not the default in that I run the voo modem bridge mode. Doing speed tests over a few days it's would seem i'm only get 40mbps down and 20mbps up. My package is supposed to be 400 down 20 up. So at least the up side is consistent.

I thought this might have been caused by my setup so I connected the cable from the laptop to the modem directly and am still only getting the same speeds despite taking everything out of the way. 

I also tried rebooting the modem - turned it off for a few mins and let it reconnect and got a new ip etc. but still the same.

DocSis page

Any advice on how to improve the situation?
The cable seems to be already connected via an amplifier at the wall where the coax enters the apartment.

Top Expert

• 

41.7K  messages

il y a 1 an

Hello 
It has problems/ anomalies on the signal of your modem .  Ofdm frequency « 162 » defective , also the signal quality is not very good …

may be  a filter / installation problem or a voo network problem

Check the connections and restart the modem, then resume signal levels to see if the problem persists. 
Otherwise you will need to call a technician to check your connection. 

(Modifié)

Promeneur

• 

15  messages

il y a 1 an

I unplugged and reconnected the cable connections but the levels are pretty much the same.

everything but the levels are still the same.

Any other ideas?

Top Expert

• 

41.7K  messages

il y a 1 an

hello

Call the customer service : 078/505050 

I think a technician is required to identify the signal problem at your home. 
You can also wait for an official to answer your request, but it may take longer than calling.

(Modifié)

Poser une question

Poser une question

Conversations populaires