R

dimanche 8 octobre 2023 08:39

Intermittent internet

Despite checking the cables and restarting the modem several times, my internet has been turning off and on for the last week. My modem is the technicolour CGA and we have had it for almost 4 years. Could the modem be the problem?

Top Expert

• 

41.5K  messages

il y a 7 mois

Hello
Thank you to read the rules to start well on the forum voo. 
https://forum.voo.be/page/la-charte

The Technicolor CGA began to be deployed at the end of 2020 to customers. 
So not 4 years but 3 years maximum. 
Call technical service 078/505050 to have a technician, there are no staff here on Sunday.
Also post your modem signal levels please . 
https://forum.voo.be/conversations/ma-connexion-internet/tuto-verifier-les-niveaux-du-modem/5e53d55a4cf00d702b5184bf

14  messages

il y a 7 mois

Hi, thankyou, I will call the technical service tomorrow. I can though confirm our contract started 01 November 2019 and we have the same modem.

14  messages

il y a 7 mois

14  messages

il y a 7 mois

Top Expert

• 

41.5K  messages

il y a 7 mois

Hello

You have a problem with the signal coming to the modem. It is not good, check your coaxial connections, amplifier cables, unplug, reconnect all 

14  messages

il y a 7 mois

Reconnected all cables, restarted the modem. I'll send the modem signal levels.

14  messages

il y a 7 mois

14  messages

il y a 7 mois

Top Expert

• 

41.5K  messages

il y a 7 mois

The signal levels seem to be better than before (especially TX) but for RX it’s not optimal in signal quality. 
better to ask for a technician at my advice.

Officiel VOO

• 

2.3K  messages

il y a 7 mois

Hello@Radiohead,

The signal is quite poor. We can arrange an appointment with a technician. An adult must be present. This is complimentary except if you're not home when our coworker comes. In this case, 50€ are billed.

When could you welcome our colleague ? The time range is 8AM to 1PM or 1PM to 5PM.

Thanks.

14  messages

il y a 7 mois

Any time this week except for Wednesday would be fine for a technician to come. I will be available at the house. Many thanks.

Officiel VOO

• 

1.2K  messages

il y a 7 mois

Hello,

The technician will come this Thursday morning, between 8 Am to 1 PM.

You will receive a text when he will be on his way to your house. Should you need to change the date of the appointment, you can do so via myVOO.

14  messages

il y a 7 mois

Technician arrived Thursday (12 Oct) and replaced the data/TV adaptor that connects to the aerial socket. Internet worked fine following his visit until Saturday when we started getting lapses if connectivity. It is now Sunday 15 Oct and we have had no internet for the last hour.

Officiel VOO

• 

1K  messages

il y a 6 mois

Hello @Radiohead,

After checking with the network department, they have informed us that a new intervention will have to take place at your home, I'm sorry.

When will you be available again? The time slots are the same as for your previous intervention.

14  messages

il y a 6 mois

Good Morning, we are available all this week, an appointment in the afternoon would be preferable. Many thanks.

Poser une question

Poser une question

Conversations populaires