A
Promeneur

Promeneur

• 

19  messages

lundi 7 août 2023 20:18

Gigamax - how many people actually achieve it ?

Hi, 

How many people actually get close to the advertised Gigamax speeds ? You see lots of complaints in the Forem but maybe the happy people never post :)

My contract says 1000/20 and the best I ever get is about 400/20

Channel162 OFDM is present and locked.

Technicolour modem in bridge mode to Deco mesh.

Stable connection - just not as fast as I expected and was sold :(

I see Forem posts from Voo that they have remotely checked modems and they are in mode "Giga", maybe mine isn't ? :(

Just curious really.

Pack Giga Max | Technicolor CGA4233VOO en mode bridge | TP-link DECO 6E mesh

Pas francophone, je m'excuse pour tous mes fautes d'orthographe et grammaire :(

Officiel VOO

• 

1K  messages

il y a 9 mois

Hello @AndyC

OK for the morning of Friday 18th! The appointment is well fixed between 8AM and 1PM 😊

Promeneur

• 

2  messages

il y a 9 mois

Hey 👋, could you check mine as well. I just upgraded to Gigamax but still getting the old speed of 400 up & 20 down. I’m also using the Magic WI-FI so not sure if that could be the reason. 

Savant

• 

2.2K  messages

il y a 9 mois

Hi @Satpal ,

If you just upgraded, please be aware that any change in subscription is effective on the 1st of the following month.

So, the old speed of 400/20 will remain in place until Aug. 31.

Btw, when checking the speed, make sure your pc is connected to the modem thru an ethernet cable and not over wifi or CPL.

Officiel VOO

• 

3.9K  messages

il y a 9 mois

Hi @Satpal :)

Absolutely, as @theo2007 says (thanks to him:)) the speed will take effect on September 1st.

Promeneur

• 

2  messages

il y a 9 mois

Great, thank you!

Promeneur

• 

19  messages

il y a 8 mois

Update: Voo technician visited, tested the connection and concluded there was a strong signal arriving at my house but too much lost in cabling inside - signal in spec but low strength. As advised, I tried connecting my modem at the entry point to the house with ethernet connection to laptop. Pretty much the same speed as I get when connecting at the other end of my "lossy" in house cable. So perhaps Gigaspeed isn't in my street after all, or perhaps my modem has a problem.

(Modifié)

Officiel VOO

• 

3.7K  messages

il y a 8 mois

Hello @AndyC,

I see that the Pôle Expert service is following up your case. They should contact you again early next week to see if the modem relocation recommended by the technician has solved your problem. If not, they'll work with you to find a solution. ☺️

Poser une question

Poser une question

Conversations populaires