B
Promeneur

Promeneur

• 

8  messages

mercredi 15 février 2023 10:35

Network call/messages problem.

Hello,

On 10/1/23. we started using a VOO subscription. I had a problem with the sim card activation for the first time, somehow I managed to activate it on my iPhone SE(2022). Everything worked fine until two days ago when my phone could not connect to the network. 
Sim card working just fine on my other Android phone. Can you check what causes this issue on my iPhone?

Officiel VOO

• 

1.7K  messages

il y a 1 an

Hello @B89,

Could you check this :
1. Open the SETTINGS application
2. Open the CELLULAR DATA menu
3. Open the SIM APPLICATION menu
4. Select SIM CARD VOO
5. Open the SELECTION MODE menu
6. Select "Automatic and manual mode" (you are then switched to "VOO SIM card")
7. Select VOO SIM CARD
8. Open the REGION menu
-> In Belgium you must select REGIONAL, outside the country (France for example) you must select GLOBAL.
9. Restart your smartphone

Promeneur

• 

8  messages

il y a 1 an

Hello @Nicolas O

Thank you for the quick reply. 

I tried all of those settings. Sometimes phone connects to the network but after a few seconds, it disconnects, and "No Service" on the status bar.

I have another e-Sim activated on my phone. Another problem is it disconnects both SIM and e-Sim. Very strange problem. I tried deleting e-Sim, resetting network settings, and even factory reset, but nothing helped. 

Is there any other option? 
My phone number ends with ...322.
Thanks in advance.

Officiel VOO

• 

1.7K  messages

il y a 1 an

@B89

You should try the SIM card of someone you know to see if the problem does not come from your smartphone.

Promeneur

• 

8  messages

il y a 1 an

@Nicolas O 

I have an e-Sim that works just fine. When I insert a VOO sim card, it disconnects both sim cards. My e-Sim is MTS Serbia connected to the OrangeB network and working fine. 
My wife uses the same combination of sim and e-sim cards and no problems. She is using iPhone SE (2020). 

Officiel VOO

• 

1.7K  messages

il y a 1 an

Can you put your wife's SIM card in your phone to see if the problem is the same ?

Promeneur

• 

8  messages

il y a 1 an

I tried that on first attempt to activate my sim. Hers did not work on my phone, and mine worked on hers. So. On her device, both sim cards are working, on mine-none. 

This combination on my phone worked fine for almost 30 days. And just stopped working. I'm not sure what could happen.

Officiel VOO

• 

1.7K  messages

il y a 1 an

@B89,

I'm sorry, from the description you give me of this problem, it seems that the problem comes from your smartphone.

Promeneur

• 

8  messages

il y a 1 an

Ok. What are my options? Can anyone help me? Or do I have to change my device? The thing that bothers me the most is that sim was working fine. I read about possible solutions on this forum that I can ask VOO to change my reception antenna provider from Proximus to some other provider or reverse. Would that help maybe? What do you think?

Officiel VOO

• 

1.7K  messages

il y a 1 an

If neither SIM card works in your phone, changing the antenna will not help.
It is better to see this problem with Appel, because your SIM reader seems to be defective.

Promeneur

• 

8  messages

il y a 1 an

I just tried my friend's sim card. Works fine. Screenshots are

in attachment.

Promeneur

• 

8  messages

il y a 1 an

One more interesting thing is that I managed to set connection parameters manually and my phone connected to LTE network with internet access and no calls/SMS. As you can see on the picture below.

Officiel VOO

• 

1.7K  messages

il y a 1 an

@B89, We could try to change your SIM card, I can send you one by post.

Promeneur

• 

8  messages

il y a 1 an

Ok. Let’s try with new sim card. It’s for phone number ends 322.

Thanks Nicolas. 

Officiel VOO

• 

1.7K  messages

il y a 1 an

@B89,  I have just scheduled the mailing.
Do not hesitate to come back to us if needed.

Poser une question

Poser une question

Conversations populaires