L
Promeneur

Promeneur

• 

5  messages

jeudi 29 février 2024 16:05

How to use another ADSL modem instead of the supplied one?

Hello, I would like to replace the supplied modem for my ADSL subscription with another one (AVM Fritz!Box), because I am missing many features in the standard device.

Is this possible, and which model of Fritz!Box would you recommend?

Alternatively, can I use the standard modem as a pure modem only, and use an AVM device as Router? Again, which model do you recommend in this setup?

Thanks a lot in advance for a quick answer :-)

Top Expert

• 

41.5K  messages

il y a 2 mois

Hello

voo don’t use ADSL or VDSL technology but HFC with eurodocsis 3.1 technology via the coaxial TV cable . 

At the moment, you cannot change the operator modem to another cable modem, but you can put the voo modem in bridge mode, it will work as a simple cable modem and use another router of your choice after the modem. 

(Modifié)

Promeneur

• 

5  messages

il y a 2 mois

Hello, and indeed, sorry, mixed up the connection type :-) Will use the router as modem then. Thanks for the answer :-)

Top Expert

• 

41.5K  messages

il y a 2 mois

@leiblsa 

Be careful that in bridge mode you can only connect ONE device to the modem on ethernet port 1 in this case a personal WiFi router configured in dhcp mode and all your devices will have to connect to this router and no longer to the voo modem.

(Modifié)

Promeneur

• 

5  messages

il y a 2 mois

Thanks, and indeed the idea is to treat the provided router would be treated as a "dumb" modem, and my entire home network would be behind the new router. In other words: only one cable needed :)

15  messages

il y a 2 mois

Just one question. If you bridge the VOO modem, where do you have to connect the voocorder?

Will it work if you connect the voocorder to a simple switch connected to a third party router?

(Modifié)

Officiel VOO

• 

3.9K  messages

il y a 2 mois

Hello @kadenaron :)
I see that you have the VOOcorder and it is not necessary to connect it to the Internet.

Note that when your VOO modem is in bridge mode, the only device that should connect to it is your router.

I remain available if needed.

Top Expert

• 

41.5K  messages

il y a 2 mois

Hello

The voocorder uses an internal modem to connect to the internet for interactivity. Thus no ethernet cable needed for it just the coaxial . 

15  messages

il y a 2 mois

OK, thank you for the clarification.

Poser une question

Poser une question

Conversations populaires