V
Promeneur

Promeneur

• 

28  messages

mercredi 6 janvier 2021 07:55

Internet Problem

I recently upgraded my plan to VOO Solo Max. As per the plan i should get upto 400 mbps of speed. But i don't even get 50 mbps. And i also observe wifi is going down sometimes.

Solution acceptée

Top Expert

• 

41.5K  messages

il y a 3 ans

Hello this depends essentially on the connected device and its possibilities the best speed can be reached on the wifi 5ghz if the device is compatible...

on a 2,4 Ghz device speed may vary generally between 20 to 70 Mbps . 

(Modifié)

Top Expert

• 

41.5K  messages

il y a 3 ans

Hello

400 Mbps can be reached on Ethernet connection , speed over wifi is never garanted by the operator.

Promeneur

• 

28  messages

Hi,

What is the maximum speed i can expect with Wifi? I don't even see 50Mbps with wifi.

Officiel VOO

• 

3.9K  messages

il y a 3 ans

Hello Venkat,

As you explained very well @roylion15 the speed in Wifi is essentially related to the device that you are going to use. Only high-end devices can achieve speeds above 200Mbps.

The second important parameter is the frequency of the Wifi signal. Your modem transmits its signal on 2 frequencies: 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.

The first allows you to pick up farther away, and through obstacles (walls, ceilings, ...), and the second allows you to pick up faster, but only near the modem.

For more details on this subject I invite you to consult the following page:

https://assistance.voo.be/fr/support/internet/connecter-et-configurer-mon-materiel/reseau-5ghz/guide-d-emploi-du-reseau-5ghz-de-mon-modem-wifi. html

I remain at your disposal if necessary ;-)

Promeneur

• 

28  messages

Hi Gilles,

with 5GHz max speed i get is 80mbps i'm sitting next to the modem. with 2.5GHz max speed i get is 30mbps. There is no obstacle in between. I'm using a HP litebook.

Poser une question

Poser une question

Conversations populaires