H
Promeneur

Promeneur

• 

2  messages

lundi 30 août 2021 11:41

Increased instability of Internet Connection

I was a Proximus customer. I switched over to VOO after 1 year of frequent Internet issues. I see that the problem is the same with VOO service.

Instable connection, not enough coverage within the apartment (90 mt sq). I am using a Netgear repeater but the output is not good at all.

Any suggestions?

Savant

• 

2.2K  messages

il y a 3 ans

Hi,

Don't get confused between access to internet and wi-fi coverage.

VOO as an internet provider gives you a bridge between your place and the internet.

As an added convenience, they also provide you with a wi-fi capable (but not outperforming) routeur.

As it is well known that wi-fi performances are largely affected by physical environment and surroundings, the wi-fi component of the VOO routeur may not give you the performances (speed, coverage) you expect.

So, if your issue relates to coverage, buy a good routeur (such as ASUS suggested by @pthierry ) and connect it to the modem configured into  "bridge" mode and with its wi-fi networks disabled.

Promeneur

• 

2  messages

il y a 3 ans

@pthierry @theo2007 

Can you recommend the a good Router / Access Point for an area of 100mt. sq.?

Savant

• 

2.2K  messages

il y a 3 ans

I opted for a mesh network because the house is very old, has thick walls and is large.

Hence, I have no hands-on experience with regular routers and I will rely on @pthierry and others to advise you.

If the RT-AX86 (wi-fi 6) is too expensive, an alternative could be the RT-AC86 (wi-fi 5). Both are AiMesh, i.e. they can be used as building blocks for a mesh network.

Poser une question

Poser une question

Conversations populaires