G

3  messages

mercredi 27 septembre 2023 13:08

Availability Voo Internet in 7912 Saint-Sauveur

Hi,

We live in Frasnes-lez-Anvaing, Saint-Sauveur to be exact. We were never able to connect to Voo until now?

The last few months we noticed dozens of Voo vans in de neighborhood and GIGA Internet signs everywhere. This week the signs also showed up in our street. And just now 5 minutes ago someone from Voo was working on the cables across the street.

So I have a couple of questions.

- When will we be able to get Internet from Voo? The test on the Voo website gives a blank result.

- We're a small company so we'd need a business account. And we need a fixed IP. Which formula are we looking at to get a fixed IP?

- We have no cable from the street to our house. When we moved in 15 years ago there was a cable dangling on the pole across the street, and the other side was entering our house. We never needed it so we never asked any questions. Distance is around 40 meters and the pole is across the street. The electricity cable is still there and in use. Will a new cable still be in the air or underground? And will Voo provide the cable?

- For television, what kind of set-top box does Voo use? We now have Vu+ Duo2 set-top boxes for satellite. It is compatible for cable (with the right decoder card). But will it be compatible with the encryption that Voo uses? It's not compatible with Telenet for example.

Thanks.

G.

Top Expert

• 

41.5K  messages

il y a 7 mois

hello

This will be available when the site will likely indicate, possible that the work is not yet complete and the zone not opened.

We cannot announce this in advance here.  
There is no fixed ip on residential subscriptions at voo however the ip rarely changes...
For the connection it can be underground or aerial but good 50 meters it will probably be partially or totally underground...Ask a technician for a quote … pay attention that you will then have to provide an underground chute for the passage of the cable in the private part…

For the decoder, there is no more smart card on Evasion STB and the vu+ will not be compatible with their system and protections/ encryption channels of voo like télénet . 

(Modifié)

3  messages

il y a 7 mois

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. We'll be looking at business subscriptions, not residential. There are also packs with TV and mobile, that's why I mentioned them. At the moment we have VDSL with a static IP. We have a small server room from where we host services for our own company and several customers. Without a fixed IP it would be a no go unfortunately.

Thanks

Officiel VOO

• 

1.3K  messages

il y a 7 mois

Hello, 

I see you've already had some replies from Roylion. 

When our services become available in your area, you will receive the information in a publicity letter. 
As far as the connection is concerned, an estimate will be drawn up and you will be free to refuse it. 
We remain available if you have any further questions. 

Top Expert

• 

41.5K  messages

il y a 7 mois

Business subscription with fixed IP with voo connection only possible via the WIN : https://www.win.be/fr,I think 🤔 

(Modifié)

3  messages

il y a 7 mois

WIN is using the cable network then? Is VOO never giving fixed IP's? I've had dozens of professional clients in Wallonia and Brussels over the past 20 years who had fixed IP's. I never encountered VOO now I think of it, always some VDSL provider. In Flanders it's more a 50/50 between Telenet and VDSL. I want to move away from VDSL. I'm paying more for a speed 20x less.

Top Expert

• 

41.5K  messages

il y a 7 mois

Yes , win is also using cable or fiber if possible to connect business clients, schools, enterprises, etc..

In the past , voo had “pro cable” connections for business with fixed IPs. It was used in my enterprise , we had 3 connections pro cable with voo and fixed IPs

voo officials can guide you to the adequate service for your business / case and your needs. The price is not the same but much higher than residential or simple business (pro) connections without fixed IP . 

(Modifié)

Poser une question

Poser une question

Conversations populaires