Cancelling phone plan

Badge
I am having a hard time cancelling my phone. Is there an easy way to do it online? I never use the Belgium phone at all and almost never the internet even. I speak no French and have never been able to get ahold of anyone when calling information line who does. I just use my U.S. phone which is so much easier. Any help appreciated. Thanks

24 commentaires

Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +12
Hi,

The voo officiels here on the forum speek a bit english, so they are able to help you, but they are not on duty the sunday, they will help you tomorow.

They need your customer number you must write it onto your profile.

And sorry for my english🥺
Badge
your english much better than my French trust me😉
Badge
I did put my number in my profile when I signed up today for the forum. I hope I did it correctly. Thanks for reply
Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +10
Hello @Thom Landon,

You did it perfectly, thanks.

I see in your file that you sent an email asking how to cancel your subscription. They responded, but... in French. So, yeah, that may have been unclear to you, which I understand.

Here are the three options you have to cancel your phone plan :
  • Send a written letter to Rue Jean Jaurès, 46. City : 4430 Ans
  • Send a fax to 04/2428588
  • Fill in a form on our website. Select cancellation / No more use of my products / "No, thank you" when the popup appears.
In any case, you need to mention :
  • Your customer number
  • Your name and first name
  • Your wished cancellation date
  • The product you wish ton cancel
After that, the appropriate department will treat your request.

Hope this helps. :)
Badge
I gave it a shot. I hope they just do the phone. I appreciate the help and will post if successful. Merci
Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +10
If you ask for the phone only, they will only do the phone. Don't worry. :)

When is your desired date of cancellation ? ASAP ?

I must inform you that it might take longer than the confirmation mail you received told you (I think it says 48h).

But don't worry, you won't have to pay for those extra days if you ask for the cancellation to be done asap.
Badge
I had asked for it to be shut down on the 10th so they had a few days to get it done. It still is not turned off. Should I resubmit the forms. I just don't want to keep paying for no reason. Hopefully by Friday
Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +10
Hello @Thom Landon,

This may take up to a few weeks. They are really late. 😅

Did you receive the email confirming your demand ? If yes, no need to submit another form.
Badge
No I have not received an email confirming cancellation. I received an email saying they had gotten my contact form but it did not mention anything about the cancellation. I will wait til next week and send another request. Thank you
Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +10
Can you post the email you received (be sure to mask all personnal informations) ? I'll tell you if it's ok, or not.
Badge
This is all it said....

Dear Customer,

Thank you for sending us the completed online contact request form.

Yours faithfully,
The VOO team.
Sent to me on 08JUL2019. I have not received anything else from them except the bill. I am going to pay that today so I don't have to deal with it
Badge
I don't know if they may have called either as I never have the phone on. I just use my U.S. phone as it is so much easier. I hope it is in the works. I won't be paying another bill after this I am hoping
Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +10
Hello @Thom Landon,

Well, at least you have the proof that you sent us a form. It has still not be treated. As expected, there is a delay in the web forms treatment.

The only thing I can ask you is to be patient. We'll deal with the bills together once this step will be passed.
Badge
I just don't want another bill. I paid one yesterday. The phone is off and I do not even use the data on it. It is unfortunate it takes this long. I appreciate the help though on the forum as the couple times I phoned I got no help at all. Thank you
Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +10
I totally get it. I'm not in position to avoid another bill. However, as I said, if you get another one we'll deal with it. No worries. 😉
Badge
I think it has been cancelled. I received email last week which translate to something like that as follows

Jul 17 at 5:39 AM
* Monsieur LANDON,
* Nous avons bien reçu votre demande de résiliation MOBILE et nous sommes
désolés de ne plus pouvoir vous compter parmi nos abonnés.
* Nous vous confirmons que la résiliation pour le numéro mobile ci-après a
bien été effectuée :
* N° 0468/42.83.86
* Restant à votre disposition pour toutes questions, nous vous prions de
croire, Monsieur LANDON, en l#assurance de notre considération.
* Le Service Clientèle VOO
Does this seem correct? Thanks as always
Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +12
Hello Tom,

You have receive this mail in french (and you are not sure that you have undderstood correctly) or you have receive it in English and you put what you think is a good translation in french ?

In any case this mail said that your cancelation is effective for the number 0468/…
Badge
That was the email in French. I had to translate it. Do things like this take effect immediately?
I assume I can cancel my internet the same way at the end of the year when I leave Europe? I do appreciate everyones help in getting this matter resolved for me😀
Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +10
Hello @Thom Landon,

You phone plan will be terminated on the 31st of this month.

You may do the same for your internet, althought we'll be sad to see you go. 😢
Badge
so everything cancels the end of the month? I will plan my internet disconnect that way if so in a few months so I have plenty of time to return things. I am sure I will return sometime. Thanks
Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +10
No, for the internet, if you ask soon enough, you may ask the desired date of cancellation. It does not necessarily have to be at the end of the month.
Badge

Hello once again. So I am needing to cancel internet now. If I follow above directions everything should be okay? I paid bill thru 31OCT2019 today and also asked for it to be cancelled then as well.

Can I return my router to a local store here in Mons?

Thank you , Thom

Niveau d'utilisateur 7
Badge +10

Hello again,@Thom Landon  !

Yes, the procedure has not changed. You may follow the instructions above.

Be sure to indicate the date you wish your internet service to end. Unlike the mobile plan, you can choose the wanted cancellation date. If you do not specify it, the cancellation date will occur at day + 2 of the form date. Not sure if I’m clear. :thinking:

You won’t have to return the MoDem/router in a VOO shop. We do not take the CG3100 back. You may bring it to your local recycling park. :slight_smile:

Badge

I appreciate the help. I will keep you posted. Thank you Lionel.

Commenter