Passer au contenu principal
K

ven. 15 mai 2020 15:49

Private wifi can not connect to LAN

Hey, is it normal I can not connect from a wifi connected device to my NAS connected on the Technicolor router via LAN ?

I would expect Guest network is not able to connect to LAN, but my own 2.4 or 5 G networks can, although it doesn't seem to be the case.

Is it configurable in the settings ?

Kind regards, Kris.

Réponses

roylion15

Top Expert

• 

16.7K Messages

il y a 2 mois

Hello

Guest wifi is a separate wifi to share with your guests , it’s not related with your private wifi or wired network ...

It’s on a separate dhcp server and also another IP range .

Thus guest devices can connect to the internet but not communicate directly with your private devices.

By default

Devices connected on your private wifi can communicate with another wired devices that are directly connected to the modem router

Do you modify some settings in your modem ?

Another router in your network ?

(Modifié)

VOO PACK « QUATRO MAX » | TECHNICOLOR TC7210 "Bridge" | Routeur ASUS : AX11000 | AiMESH : ASUS AC5300 | TV Samsung 65JS9500 + 55HU8500 | Nvidia Shield PRO | Box Evasion | Voobox | CI+ VOO

9 Messages

ok Roylion, your answer is clear, thanks ! So it s working as designed.

Guess I can't get a pro subscription without enterprise number ? What voo modem comes with a professionel subscription?

Regards, Kris

roylion15

Top Expert

• 

16.7K Messages

No , you need to be an enterprise for WIN.BE ( VOO pro subscriptions )

But it's the same modem... It must be bridged and you need to install your own network devices... But you can obtain more public IPs. It's also a lot more expensive .

Another informations ...

Do not use mixed 10.x and 192.x ranges, this will not work on the modem in router mode...

Try to use 2 consecutive IP ranges in 192.168.x.x with SB mask 255.255.254.0 .

By example voo router with 192.168.192.x and your router 192.168.193.x.

I don't know if you can change the SBM on the DHCP server and if it will work ???

Never tested that on a voo modem but works on my asus router...

TC7210 don't like static IPs for the devices , thus use second router in DHCP mode for the WAN with a "DHCP reservation" in the VOO router.

To be tested ...

VOO PACK « QUATRO MAX » | TECHNICOLOR TC7210 "Bridge" | Routeur ASUS : AX11000 | AiMESH : ASUS AC5300 | TV Samsung 65JS9500 + 55HU8500 | Nvidia Shield PRO | Box Evasion | Voobox | CI+ VOO