D
Promeneur

Promeneur

• 

4  messages

dimanche 17 novembre 2019 10:16

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

Good morning,

recentrly I'm having problems with the internet connection. More and more often the connection just drop during the day.

When I was able to open the router page in the event log I noticed multiple CRITICAL messages "No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out".

Just googling it there are two forums (other providers) where the problem seems identified around the downstream and upstream power level.

From the Status/Connection page of my router I see the downstream has modulation set to QAM256 while the upstream is set to QAM32.

Could you please help me if it is something I can fix by editing the configurations?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/No-Ranging-Response-received-T3-time-out/td-p/3417622

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/No-Ranging-Response-received-T3-time-out/td-p/884413

Solution acceptée

Top Expert

• 

21.1K  messages

il y a 4 ans

Hi @denis_rossi 

You seems have a problem with the upstream channel, you have only one who works (it is mayby nomal in your area but i dont think so.

Have you ever tried to restart your modem ? and chec your wire (coax)

I think you need to call the helpdesk to have one reparation (you can call the Sunday, they are open 078/50 50 50)

sorry for my poor English, i hope you understand my words :thinking:

Expert

• 

5.8K  messages

il y a 4 ans

Hello,

The Downstream modulation used by VOO is QAM256 and the Uptream modulation is QAM32 , this is correct , there is no problem with this.

Please post your modem signals levels by following this procedure , it will help see if your line as a obvious problem.

Promeneur

• 

4  messages

il y a 4 ans

Hello,

thanks for your answer, here's the screenshot. Hope it helps:

Citoyen d'honneur

• 

1.2K  messages

il y a 4 ans

Hi @denis_rossi,

The two first things you can do are:

• check the signal levels on the web interface of your modem. There’s a step-by-step guide in French, but the menus are the same if your modem has been set in English. Don’t hesitate to post a screenshot of this table;
  • in your profile, please enter your customer number in the field provided.

Thanks in advance! 

Promeneur

• 

4  messages

il y a 4 ans

Hi alloja, I think I've done already both things. the first seems what was asked by @cosmos1999

Hi@denis_rossi,

The two first things you can do are:

• check the signal levels on the web interface of your modem. There’s a step-by-step guide in French, but the menus are the same if your modem has been set in English. Don’t hesitate to post a screenshot of this table;
  • in your profile, please enter your customer number in the field provided.

Thanks in advance! 

Expert

• 

5.8K  messages

il y a 4 ans

In fact, you have a problem with the “upstream” channels : the power of the first channel is too high and the three others are missing , this is not correct.

The first thing is to check all your “indoor” coaxial connections : modem , Voo NIU amplifier or splitter

If all is OK indoor then an outdoor maintenance will be necessary.

You can call today the Help Desk number@Marcs gives you,  or wait for a VOO “official” but this will not be before Monday

Top Expert

• 

41.4K  messages

il y a 4 ans

Hello

The upstream power is to high (57 dBmV ), The maximum accepted is 52 dBmV.

This is why the other three channels are not locked.

Promeneur

• 

4  messages

il y a 4 ans

Thanks everybody,

I'm trying to call the helpdesk but I've already been waiting 3 times more than 15 minutes. That's why I turned to this forum where I found more responsiovness anyway (thanks again).

Question: when you say check the "indoor" coaxial connection, what do you mean exactly? Cause all I can do is having a look if their are not damaged.

Any more specific things to look at?

Expert

• 

5.8K  messages

il y a 4 ans

Question: when you say check the "indoor" coaxial connection, what do you mean exactly? Cause all I can do is having a look if their are not damaged.

Any more specific things to look at?

Just also verify that all coax. connectors are well screwed , there is nothing more you can do by yourself….

( But I think this is an outdoor problem, in this case a maintenance will be needed )

Top Expert

• 

41.4K  messages

il y a 4 ans

Check the coaxial connection at the modem and see if it is well screwed, also on the other side of the cable on the amplifier or socket where the cable is connected.

If necessary, unscrew the cable from the modem and then replace it
It is quite possible that the problem is outside your home, for example a connection in the street …

Then check your signal again.

Officiel VOO

• 

4.8K  messages

il y a 4 ans

Good afternoon @denis_rossi ,

I’m sorry for the late answer. We have received a huge amount of messages for a week and a half, which is why we haven’t been able to react earlier.

I see that you’ve been able to contact us on Facebook, and that a technician is coming this evening. After that, your modem should have a TX under 51 for all four upstream channels.

Poser une question

Poser une question

Conversations populaires