Passer au contenu principal
B

lun. 2 mars 2020 00:02

No internet signal on 400Mbps line

Hello, technician has installed Voo modem at home and he told me that there is no signal in the neighborhood because it's a new network.
He told me that within 48h signal and internet will come automatically and a technician will call me to verify it. 48h have passed, no phone call received and no signal or internet too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Réponses

Marcs

Top Expert

• 

11.1K Messages

il y a 4 mois

Hi, it is strange that the technician did the installation if there is no signal.

@Lionel S tu pourrais regarder à ça ?

N'étant qu'un simple client, je ne parle jamais au nom de Voo

17 Messages

He installed the equipment and then he told me "oh, that's strange there is no signal in the neighborhood because it's a new fast network. It will take 48h to be activated. I installed the equipment as I should do so and the signal is the job of another department/technician. And he left."
He told me that he reported to VOO that there is no signal but no communication back from anyone and of course no signal!"

Thanks
Marcs

Top Expert

• 

11.1K Messages

I don't work for voo so I can't help you more than I already did by reporting your case to forum officials.

You have to wait for them to react, but it is certainly the most effective way.

N'étant qu'un simple client, je ne parle jamais au nom de Voo
Lionel S

Officiel VOO

• 

5K Messages

il y a 4 mois

Hello !

Can you give me your customer number ?

I've set this topic as private so I'll be the only one to see your costumer number.

« Sans passions, on ne verrait ni grands hommes, ni art, ni industrie, enfanter des merveilles. » - Pierre-Jules Stahl

17 Messages

Hi Lionel,

Customer number: 00********

Thanks a lot,

Chris

(Modifié)

Lionel S

Officiel VOO

• 

5K Messages

il y a 4 mois

Hello,

Now that I have an access to your file, I can give you a bit more explanations.

The technician that installed your products asked for an intervention on the outside. He thought the matter would be solved quickly, as it usually is.

Unfortunately, the second technician realized it would not be that easy. Apparently, a section of the network still has to be made. The is currently no power going through the devices located outside.

Do not worry, though. A report has been filled, asking to do what is needed.

However, I cannot say how much time this will take. We might be talking about weeks before this is being fixed, I'm afraid.

« Sans passions, on ne verrait ni grands hommes, ni art, ni industrie, enfanter des merveilles. » - Pierre-Jules Stahl

17 Messages

Hi Lionel,

thanks for your reply. That's a bit frustrating as I am now binded with VOO until... problem is fixed. Weeks might be 2 but might also be 20!

What alternatives do you suggest to me?

1. Contract cancelation ?
2. Temporary downgrade of the line is possible? I see other neighbors have VOO also.
3. Can VOO offer me a DATA SIM Contract on a better price to use at home but with unlimited high speed data? I am streaming a lot so I need unlimited and high speed data (without a limit eg. 30GB and then slow internet)

Thank you in advance.

With kind regards,

Chris

(Modifié)

Lionel S

Officiel VOO

• 

5K Messages

Hi Christos,

I truly understand the feeling. Not knowing the date is frustrating.

I've asked how long they planned this would take. From the first approximative answer I could get, it should be done by mid March.

However, by experience, I know these dates may vary a lot. I've asked for more details. I'll let you know once I get them.

About your questions :

1. If the dates are correct, I believe this is not a good option.
  2. No services are available in your street for the fouses number 58 to 76. No matter what pack you subscribe, it will not work. There is no signal.
  3. Unfortunately, no. We do not provide this option. Sorry about that. :/

I'll let you know.

17 Messages

Thank you very much for your detailed answer Lionel, I appreciate it. I will wait for your update.

Best regards,

Chris
Lionel S

Officiel VOO

• 

5K Messages

My pleasure, really. :)

17 Messages

Hi Lionel,

one last question I have forgot to ask. Can you please confirm or at least take care that no payments will start occurring since service until service is activated? Because I see on MyVOO that contract is already uploaded and probably active.

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Chris

Lionel S

Officiel VOO

• 

5K Messages

il y a 4 mois

Hi,

It's a good thing you come back to me about this.

I have received no answer yet. I've asked another service what's going on because this does not seem right.

It's normal you nieghboors are having the same issue, because a whole segment of your street is in this case. From what I understood, we are waiting for Ores (the electricity supplier) to do something so our devices outside may be powered on.

I'll let you know if I have any news. If you don't hear from me in the next days, feel free to contact me again.

Lionel S

Officiel VOO

• 

5K Messages

il y a 4 mois

Hello again,

Believe it or not, an answer just came in. :)

An intervention is planned for this March 16th. Not sure your products will work after that (we'll have to check), but it's a first good step. :)

Please note that there might always be unplanned event that may delay this intervention.

17 Messages

Good morning Lionel!

indeed Ores should have come because I now see that my modem has the online led lamp on!

But I still have no internet. Is there something from your side to fix/activate?

Thank you in advance.

With kind regards,

Chris
Lionel S

Officiel VOO

• 

5K Messages

Hello,

Great news !

I see in your file your modem has been activated today.

If you still have not internet, please reboot it. It should work fine after that.

I see the billing may, in the end, have started from February 27th.

If you get the bill for February, as well as the bill for March, please let me know. I'll deal with it. :)

17 Messages

Hi Lionel,

now seems to work perfectly! You may check too to see if everything is ok.

Thanks a lot for your excellent support!

Best regards,

Chris

17 Messages

Hello again Lionel!

Unfortunately connection is really unstable especially today. I saw a VOO car in our neighborhood and afterwards the line is completely unstable. Sometimes I have internet but I get disconnected afterwards. Online lamp either flashes or is OFF.

Any help would be much appreciated. I called technical support choosing English menu. A French representative picked up the phone and he told me that in a few minutes an English speaking one will call me. As always nobody didn't :/

So I base my hope to you!

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Chris

17 Messages

Please also note that besides the current outage described above, the new bill is out having charges from the 27th of February, day of the modem installation and not line activation. If you can also handle this I would be grateful!

Best regards,

Chris
Lionel S

Officiel VOO

• 

5K Messages

il y a 4 mois

Hi !

Sorry for the late answer. With everything that's going on with this virus, I'm a bit overwhelmed with questions and demands.

Sorry about the non english colleagues. We are well known in Beligum for having a 100 % belgian customer service (no outsourcers), but the bad side of it is the poor level of english amongst wallonian. Hopefuly, I'm here. :D

I see you managed to get someone to come home tomorrow between 8 and 13 AM. Hope everything is going to be ok after that.

I've dealt with the bill, you don't have to pay for it.

Stay safe and give a virtual hug to the technician for me !

17 Messages

Good morning Lionel!

Virtual hug given but unfortunately the problem was bigger than expected. Low signal in my house (I think my neighbors in number 62 have the same issue).

I didn't understand the technical as he was speaking French, but I think he was trying to tell me that another department will fix it remotely. Is this the case? Or another technician will come to fix it? Can this be done during the weekend? Because without internet and staying home with Corona, the whole family will go crazy 🤪 soon!

Many thanks in advance for your support.

My best regards,

Chris

(Modifié)

17 Messages

Hi Lionel!

I have received the following SMS

"Cher Client nous avons identifié que votre panne est due à un incident sur le réseau. Nos équipes sont déjà sur place, vos services seront rétablis dans les plus brefs délais. Votre RDV est donc annulé. Toutes nos excuses pour les désagréments ."

I expected since the technicians are on site as per SMS, to be fixed yesterday but still no internet 😭

17 Messages

Hi Lionel!

update: yesterday around 12pm internet has come again but was fully unstable. After 3h it was gone again.

Did the technicians actually do something, or it happened by chance? Shall I call again to report an outage? Is there a case that it's because of Ores?

It's really getting frustrating especially when being locked at home the whole day 😔. I know you are fully busy, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

With kind regards,

Chris
Lionel S

Officiel VOO

• 

5K Messages

il y a 4 mois

Hello !

Indeed, I am very busy. Between helping my colleagues on the social medias, and checking the topics here, I barely have a moment to breathe. More than 200 topics waiting for me to check. x)

Anyway, I see someone came by this morning. The signal going in and out of your modem looks way better, now.

Did you notice an improvement as well ?

17 Messages

Good morning Lionel!

Keep strong 💪. Yes 24h connected so far 😊, hope it keeps like that.

Thanks for your actions!

Best regards,

Chris