Promeneur

• 

2 Messages

mar. 7 janv. 2020 13:27

Abyssal customer service when trying to sort my billing issues (in English)

I have been a @VOO customer for just over 5 months now. My first attempt to become a customer failed miserably as they supposedly lost my receipt of installation, and thus never turned up on the day they should. This lead on to a long and drawn out scenario which finally culminated in my successful subscription with WAHOO + BeTv. Prior to Christmas I was notified that I had not paid for the month of September. This lead to my checking of my bank records which suggested that there was no error in my payments, so therefore I sent a copy to @VOO customer support. I received the traditional “we will get back to you within 48 hours" automatic email, and received no further information. I am now still being charged for September, and VOO are threatening to withdraw all but basic service. In addition, there are still THREE different accounts registered on my address, despite only myself living here. Has this been resolved?

The most frustrating thing about this entire situation is the lack of bilingual customer service. I have found that if you are unable to speak fluent French then VOO customer service is apparently not an option. I should add at this point that all written correspondence I have attempted with VOO has been written in both English (my mother tongue) and a translated French component. No response. I have called customer support at least four times; on two occasions I was informed that an English-speaking liaison would call back - unsurprisingly, I never received that call. What I did receive was three separate calls from VOO representatives speaking French. I replied as best as I could in French, and explained that I would like to discuss the matter if they can find me an English speaker. The phone was then abruptly hung up on the VOO end of the line. I found this embarrassingly rude for the company to do this not once but twice. I am fully aware that VOO do have English and Dutch speaking staff, as when I made an error in contacting the wrong section of customer support I was notified by a trilingual gentleman who very kindly directed me to the appropriate support area. Unfortunately, no-one in the billing and administration support are able to speak anything byt French, and if they are, they are apparently never available to assist the non-French speaking bill-paying customers.

All in all, I rather hope that one of the @VOO customer support staff can pick up on this rant I have outlined above and can help me to solve this now longstanding issue with my billing. The facility VOO provides is ideal for my purposes and I do not wish to leave the service. I do, however, hope that I can be treated like a valued customer at some point soon.

I really hope noone else on the forum has gone through similar problems - although as I can see from the topics, the lack of English (or non-French) customer service seems to be a recurring issue. Does anyone here have any pointers as to what I should do, given the situation? Or if anyone can forward this very long message to a VOO representative, that would also be of great help. 

Happy new year, VOO forum!

Réponses

Promeneur

• 

2 Messages

il y a 4 mois

@Lionel S,

That sounds very good - thank you very much for sorting this. Now I know where to go if another issue happens! Hopefully not at all!

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Kind regards, @ColonialDinosaur25